Monday, May 20, 2013

Reading Hiatus

I've been trying to make both ends meet in my job. I didn't know how toxic it is to be in the corporate world. Now, I want to turn back time but, it's impossible, right? I have to face the present. We all have to.

So, I'm always busy with everything. Doing websites, paper works, pictorials, writings, editing and etc. Recently in this blog, I've mentioned that I have become a bookworm. Why? Because when I started reading a book seriously, it has flew me away in the dreamland and I was amazed by the feeling and how awesome is my imagination. I've fell in love with the different characters in books that I have read.

I can't remember what was the book I read that made me become a bookworm but, one thing I'm sure. It's helluva awesome!!!



Since then, I started purchasing books online and offline and I've purchased a lot. I have only read two to three out of fifteen books that I have purchased last year plus I've bought another five when I found my way to the mall few months ago this year.


My problem is, I'm too busy to read the remaining books I have. And if I do have time, I tried reading but after one page, I fell asleep. Since I am too busy with my corporate world, and aside from lacking of time to read books, I am also lacking of sleep. My body has to catch up some sleep sometimes when I have the freedom to sleep.

Too bad. I am not able to read books as of the moment. I am having a big reading and blogging hiatus. My time table is messed up and I should I really need to organize my time again. comments

12 comments :

www.riablahgs.com said...

Yes, me too. I have tons of books to read but have no time to even flip a single page. I just wish I have longer weekends or vacations to enjoy the simple things I used to love before I got so preoccupied with all the nonsense in my life.

Ria C

Jessica Cassidy said...

I used to love reading books but not anymore :-) I have bought two books but never try to read it yet :-( I hope I could find the perfect time to read that book and hope you do too :-)

Dhemz said...

wow, good for you that you still get the time to read even you're busy at work. I'm not really a book fan, but I like to read once in awhile.

Chubskulit Rose said...

It's been years since I get hooked with reading. Blogging took over my reading time.

Anna said...

It made me smile reading the quote: Perfect men only exist in books. There is no perfect partner, indeed. We need to accept his flaw if we really love him.

Simplymarrimye said...

I have read a number of fascinating books but it's been years now since I last read one. I hope I can have that chance to grab one and be in a dreamland again.

papaleng said...

Its been ages since I am totally hooked with books. to be honest I have all of Stephen King and Robert Ludlum writings. But, time came when this bookworm stuff had left me in exchange for more worthwhile tasks. My piece of advice bunso, itigil mo na yang kabaliwan mo sa books and set your priorities. Also, those love things, itapon mo na rin. trulala...

lencilicious said...

You made me look at my bookshelves and it's funny because I've seen few books still with plastic. I should remind myself to read more rather than playing Candy Crush . LOL.

Quima said...

I was about to comment a totally different comment until I saw Papaleng's comment. Hmm, I know that reading books should not be your top priority in life but it does help a LOT in many aspects of our lives. I think being a bookworm cannot hinder you to achieve something or to pursue something.

kulasa said...

there was a time when I was so hooked to reading books too...it pays to be a wide reader and we need that to keep our knowledge and writing skills as well updated...I hope you get more time to enjoy life and the things you love doing...all work and no play is sure to make you a dull girl...you deserve a break, love yah little sis :)

rose said...

i like that pin.. Perfect boys only exist in books.. That is so true.. hahaha.. anyways, don't be too hard on yourself Eds... give some time for yourself naman..

Cheerful said...

i need to push myself back to reading, i have few books waiting to be loved. hehehe! my kids and husband's both a reader, everytime we go places, they always have books, i don't...reading online takes more of my time. i miss holding a books, aside from my language books in school, hahaha! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...