Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Glossophobia

I have a glossophobia -- also known as speech anxiety and it is the fear of public speaking. First two months in college, I almost give up because of the required actions that I need to be done and one of them is doing reports in front of many schoolmates. I'm afraid to talk to a bunch of people whom I really don't know personally. What I am most afraid of is that what will be their feedback. I've had enough of them and I don't want more. But thank God I've made it through..

And now today, I was assigned to read the bible in front of a lot of people and I don't know how to react.. I'm shaking since I heard that I was assigned to do it and until now. I know these people, but still I'm afraid.. I can't stand in front of a lot people and all of them are staring at me.

I'm thinking of declining it but I don't want people thinking that I am shy about God because I don't want to read His words. No! Its not that. Its just that I haven't overcome this fear yet since the sixth grade. I don't even know why I have this. It just suddenly came out of me when I was in a presentation in the fifth grade then I failed and they were all laughing at me and I went straight home crying. That's where it started! I love God and I have Him in my heart. But really, I don't know what to do.


Need your advice so bad. comments

2 comments :

papaleng said...

Hindi ka kasi nagmana sa akin. alam mo style dyan, Just imagine na mga unggoy ang kaharap mo..LOL

KM said...

the Bible says, God has not given us the spirit of fear, and that we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. remember Moses? he had the stutter but God enabled Him to lead the Israelites in exodus ;)

there's no need to be afraid of, marie, especially with talking in front of people, much more if it's the word of God you'll read. pray about it and ask for God's help, and you'll be fine :)

so dapat ang next blog mo, tungkol sa success story ng reading mo ha? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...